Newsroom’s hiring: applications open for social media specialist
Newsroom is on the lookout for a Social Media Specialist - does that sound like you?
Are you a social media expert with a strong news sense?
Newsroom is expanding our team and looking to hire a social media specialist to help nurture our growing community of readers who rely on us for independent thought-provoking journalism.
We're looking for someone who can not only drive traffic but also foster insightful, inclusive and energised discussions about the news of the day, and help us pursue the stories of tomorrow.
As well as being plugged into the news cycle with a sense of what makes stories stand out, you'll need to have an understanding of the technical side of things in terms of paid activity, audiences and getting the best return on investment.
And like any small start up team, we're looking for a team player who's adaptable, independent and able to get stuck in.
Analytics and reporting are also a crucial part of this role, so you'll provide insights to the business on trends and activity, translating the data into meaningful and relevant insights that we can use.
What we're looking for:
- A strong news sense, plugged into the news cycle
- Sense of what makes stories stand out, from concept to headlines
- Able to produce fast, clean, ready-to-publish copy
- At least 2-3+ years of experience with social media platforms (creating posts, optimising teasers/headlines, as well as experience with social scheduling tools/social media marketing)
- Proactive, creative, innovative, organised, and accustomed to working on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of analytics for businesses preferred
- Experience with push notification software, email newsletter creation, google ad manager an advantage
If this sounds like you, send us a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com. Applications close at midday, 29 July.
Can you help our journalists uncover the facts?
Newsroom is committed to giving our journalists the time they need to uncover, investigate, and fact-check tough stories. Reader donations are critical to buying our team the time they need to produce high-quality independent journalism.
If you can help us, please donate today.